Orchard road

Seldrim

Hej!

Jag har lite funderingar angående orchard roads. Enligt A4.132 så kan Infantry välja att inte gå på vägen om man har en väg som går i annan terräng.

A4.132 - ROAD

Infantry entering a hex via a road hexside must pay either the road entry cost or the cost of other terrain in the hex. Road movement costs for Infantry are not cumulative with that of other terrain in the same hex (except for SMOKE). If Infantry pays the cost of other terrain in the hex, it is considered in that terrain and avoids FFMO DRM unless that other terrain is Open Ground. If any LOS Hindrance (such as SMOKE) or Artificial Terrain (such as AFV/wreck) is present, FFMO is negated even though the unit uses Road movement. Otherwise, if it pays only the road entry cost, it is Subject to FFMO DRM (4.6) in that hex if the LOS can be traced to either of the two target points (a/b below) in that hex without crossing an obstruction in that hex. If the target enters at the road rate, the firer has the option of tracing LOS to either: a) the hex center dot, or b ) the point where the hexside crossed intersects the road used. If the LOS to one target point is blocked, the firer can still fire at the other with no additional penalty. (See Examples at right.)

B14.6 har ju högre nummer och trumfar A4.132. Betyder detta att om Infantry flyttar i MPh från 54H8 till H7 så kan den inte komma undan FFMO (såsom det hade gått i skog) från t.ex. H4 (om vi inte slänger in rök eller sånt i bilden)? "Entrance of such a hex through a road hexside is identical to movement along any road" verkar tyda på att så är fallet, men jag vill vara säker.

B14.6 - ORCHARD ROAD

A hex containing both orchard and road symbols (such as 23Q8) is actually a tree-lined road. Entrance of such a hex through a road hexside is identical to movement along any road. Hindrance rules do not apply to such hexes if that portion of the LOS from firer to target within those hexes never leaves the confines of the road depiction regardless of the relative elevations of the firer/target; in such cases, the -1 FFMO DRM applies to Infantry using the road to move. Otherwise, orchard roads are identical to orchards in every respect.

Hur är det med fordon? Om det står ett annat fordon på vägen, kan de inte köra utanför vägen för att slippa två extra MP? För normalt sett så kan de väl välja att inte köra på vägen oavsett terräng i hexen i övrigt?

D2.14 - WRECK/VEHICLES

A vehicle [EXC: motorcycle] must pay one additional MP (or MF for a wagon) per wreck or vehicle (not motorcycle) in a hex (regardless of nationality) to enter that hex. This penalty is doubled to two MP per wreck or vehicle in the hex if the hex is entered via a road hexside while using the road movement rate, and can be doubled again for certain types of roads (see Note D of Terrain Chart).

/Andreas Larsson

post-236-12560481242272_thumb.png

B14.6 har ju högre nummer och trumfar A4.132. Betyder detta att om Infantry flyttar i MPh från 54H8 till H7 så kan den inte komma undan FFMO (såsom det hade gått i skog) från t.ex. H4 (om vi inte slänger in rök eller sånt i bilden)? "Entrance of such a hex through a road hexside is identical to movement along any road" verkar tyda på att så är fallet, men jag vill vara säker.

Jo, man kan röra sig i Orchard och komma undan FFMO. Eftersom det står: "Entrance of such a hex through a road hexside is identical to movement along any road." så får man sedan gå till reglerna för hur man rör sig längs en väg (inte då nödvändigtvis på vägen).

A4.132 gäller inte enbart för road i kombination med woods - den gäller för road i kombination med annan terräng.

Hur är det med fordon? Om det står ett annat fordon på vägen, kan de inte köra utanför vägen för att slippa två extra MP? För normalt sett så kan de väl välja att inte köra på vägen oavsett terräng i hexen i övrigt?

Jo, det kan köra utanför vägen (mellan äppel-träden).