Intervju med John Hill

Fk Ståhl

• 4 weeks later...

Kul att höra ifrån "skaparen". Även om han inte verkade vara helt överförtjust i övergången till ASL. Han var nöjd efter utvecklingen av Cross of Iron. ASL har för mycket "Chrome", och tar för lång tid att spela. Han såg Squadleader som ett actionspel, där du helst skall klara av din förflyttning under de 2 minuter som Turnen avser.

• 2 weeks later...

Don Greenwood Interview

Sök på texten ovan, så finner du intervjun med honom på

webbaserade - radiostationen

POINT2POINT2

-------------------------------------------------

Här är ett utalande från en som Kände Greenwood och ger sin

syn på honom och ASL, texten är från gamesquad.com forumet

där de i en tråd diskuterar Don Greenwood.

----------------------------------------------

Gentleman:

I would like to shed some light from the inside about Don Greenwoods role vs. ASL...

Many think Don Greenwood gave up on ASL. This is the exact opposite of the truth. In fact Don Greenwood was the driving force behind hiring Bob MacNamara, because ASL had become a full time job at Avalon Hill. Don felt that because he could not spend the time ASL deserved with all of his other duties. Half of Don's time was spent evaluating game submissions.

Seeing things from the inside, as I did from 1990 to 1995, Don Greenwood was the biggest behind the scenes supporter of ASL, period. How he may have felt about the growth of the rules had nothing to do with his support for the product. Don was responsible for every board game that went out of Avalon Hill's door. I think a lot of the ASL community failed to see this, since they played nothing else. Don always insisted that ASL was Avalon Hill's premium brand, and should be treated internaly as such. He deflected alot of Upper Management shipping pressure away from Bob McNamara when Bob was working on KGP.

When Avalon Hill was closed, Don was the last man out door. Outward appearances may not show it, but none have done more for ASL than Don Greenwood.

Jim Rose