Heat of Battle A15

CTABKA

The original Heat of Battle rules (berserk rules in particular), have several issues.

Have been clarified, making it easier to read, understand, explain to others and

apply during play.

Edited by CTABKA

Otydliga -  ej uppdaterade - Bärsärk regler

Rule facts  If squad (3 IPC) become bärsärk & portage 3 PP SW & spent 1 MF, Berserk Squad can now Charge with 7 MF more.

-----   If CX squad (2 IPC) become bärsärk & portage 3 PP SW & spent 1 MF, Berserk Squad can now Charge with 6 MF more (not 7 MF , I presume).

-  If squad (3 IPC) become bärsärk & portage 5 PP SW & spent 1 MF? May squad now Charge with 7 MF or 5 MF, I presume 5 MF.

- If CX squad (2 IPC) become bärsärk & portage 5 PP SW & spent 1 MF? May squad now Charge with 7 MF, 6 MF or 4 MF, I presume 4 MF.

- If squad become bärsärk while Manhandling a Gun (or portage SW - 5 PP with Ldr) & spent 6 MF. Can now the Gun (or 5 PP SW) still be possessed if the charge to the ADJACENT enemy unit is to Costly for the berserker to enter during this MPh? I presume that in this case the berseker have the two options "to still possess the weapon" or "drop it".

Edited by CTABKA

Jag tycker nog reglerna blir tydligare och mer lättlästa på detta sätt. 

När det gäller A15.431 och minska MF pga redan spenderad MF med för mycket PP så är ju det helt i linje med A4.4 tycker jag. Hittar dock ingen QA på detta. 

Dock är jag fundersam över sidnunmreringen. I mina tre versioner av reglerna är A15 på sid A41 och A42. 

• Thumbs up 1

22 minutes ago, M Söderberg said:

Dock är jag fundersam över sidnunmreringen. I mina tre versioner av reglerna är A15 på sid A41 och A42. 

Att det blir pages A34-35, beror på att ca 5-6 sidor exempel har lyfts bort, nyskrivna regler kommer endast innehålla mycket korta EX.

Sedan kan alla EX bakas ihop i ett fristående häfte på ca 10 sidor tillsammans med  footnotes på 12 sidor.

• Thumbs up 1

Intressant. Så du har mer på gång? 

Jag har länge tyckt att även om jag tycker reglerna är väldigt geniala så är de många gånger onödigt komplicerat skrivna. Att det borde gå att förenkla skrivningen. 

Jag har dock tänkt att det är ett stort jobb som inte går att hämta hem ekonomiskt för MMP. Dessutom har väl hela communityn vant sig vid dessa regler. 

[Edit] 

Ser nu att du skrivit om tidigare regler som A13 CAVALRY. 

Behöver kolla in dessa också. 

Edited by M Söderberg
  • Thumbs up 1

Har skrivit om mycke men MMP är inte inblandat, släpper pö om pö, har inga illusioner att jag någonsin ska hinna omskriva hela regelboken, men en gång jag drömde - kanske Chapter A blir klart, Chapter B kommer gå mycket fortare. sedan ch C, D och E.

Det ursprungliga INDEX & GLOSSARY var på 12 sidor, tycker att MMP har gått fel väg som nu är uppe på 28 sidor (pga SASL, HASL, och annat bök). Hoppas kunna släppa INDEX i år på 10-12 sidor. Därefter har jag annat på lut.

• Thumbs up 1

More odd orginal rules for berserk:

- If a two squad and Ldr conducts an Armored Assault and one squad becomes berserk when fired upon. Then the berserk do not have to Charge first, instead it is possible for the tank to split up from the infantry and bypass the enemy preventing it from firing and therafter Charge with the Berserk into the same location and lastly continue the move with the non-berserk Ldr and Squad.

With my updated rule that is no longer possible. 

Edited by CTABKA
  • Thumbs up 1

Another odd orginal rules for berserk:

- If a Sniper eliminates a Ldr during a MPh and a Squad becomes Berserk due to the LLMC, then the player has the option not to Charge with the Berserk squad and can wait to the next player turn, when it must charge. It can also decide to start its MPh with the Berserk squad at anytime during the MPh.

With my updated rule that is no longer possibleIt must charge immediately (it only have to wait for other Berserk charges to be completed/conducted).

Edited by CTABKA
  • Thumbs up 1

Other examples, orginal rules for berserk:

- If a Ldr (or Commissar) in the MPh move by himself into a stack of 3 squads and  becomes berserk and Leader Consequenes turns all three squads into berserk, then none have to conduct a berserk charge in this MPh, but if they decide to charge it can be decided after all non-berserk units and vehicles have moved, and there is also no need to charge as a stack and the same target if several are within the same range of hexes. If the same target is charged it can be charged three times with one berserk squad each time.

With my updated rule that is no longer possibleIt must charge immediately as a stack towards the same target, the 3 squads only have to wait for the Berserk Ldr (or commissar) to complete its charge.

Fighterbombers (FB) and DiveBombers (DB) can also turn units into berserks during the MPh.

Edited by CTABKA
  • Thumbs up 1

• 11 months later...