MMP tar hjälp med layout

Klas Malmström

Från consimworld.com http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@89.NlQ...@.ee6d502/26380

IMPORTANT MMP ANNOUNCEMENT

No, we're not going out of business. No, we haven't run out of Yanks yet.

This warehouse relocation situation has us at MMP thinking about pipelines and products and it has become quite clear that running the business is almost a full time job and layout is almost a full time job. And we've got one guy (me) doing both.

We decided to do something about that. This requires an immediate fix.

We are glad to announce that we've hired Charlie Kibler to assist us in ASL layout. Charlie's going to work on a project by project basis, and in our discussions we laid out at least a year's worth of work.

First up will be finishing AOO counters and the finishing work on the rules, scenarios (ie., plugging in the soon to be finished artwork into those items). He'll be set up and running within the week, we hope, as he required some more current software and, of course, what we've got to date.

After that, a slew of projects stuck in the pipeline. Valor of the Guards, Haaka Paalle (i'm adding letters until I get it right!), Ortona, Red October, Rotterdam, Warsaw, Action Packs #3 and #4, and a slew of other products.

But what about the other company we'd been talking to? Ken Smith (artist of the Journal #4 and Journal #5 covers) and his company will be doing some layout work for us as well. I've discussed this briefly with him and their first product will be Shifting Sands. We'll be getting him the latest card manifests and rules to begin layout (Dean's got the map done, and we'll need to tweak the counters to reflect card changes I expect, but otherwise they're finished as well - call 'em "like done").

With Dean set up on The Gamers line, Charlie doing a ton of ASL layout, and Ken handling some of the various miscellaneous games I think we're finally set with experts handling the layout and finishing work chores of getting games out the door.

We think this is all good news, we hope you do too.

MMP

Angående Charlie Kibler till MMP

Strålande nyheter!

Några av pansarvagnsbilderna på de nyaste brickorna i DB var enligt mig lite väl "datapixligt fyrkantiga". Om jag fattar det rätt så fattas en hel del orginal från Avalon Hill tiden, vilket gjort att det förekommit bilder med sämre kvalitet. (ta exempelvis skidbrickorna från 2nd edition Beyond Valor) Om Kibler med sin artistiska ådra kan måla om dessa vore det hur bra som helst. Och om Exempelvis rumänerna ska ha 5-3-7or (?) skulle det vara hur kul som helst om figurerna på brickan var annorlunda än de övriga rumänska brickorna.

En annan totalt insyltad fakta är att sen MMP tog över har det inte förekommit några nya storbilder på scenariokorten (ni vet en stor bild på en tigerpansarvagn, eller en kommissar till vänster om OB) än de som funnits på Avalon Hill tiden, med undantag av de bilder som de själva gjort, från DB, mm. Det är synd för att under Avalon Hill tiden har jag upptäckt att de stora vidsidanom bilderna antingen fungerade som scenariodesignerns tips att tänka på eller det här är din nyckelenhet i scenariot. :D