Swedish Volunteers

Erik

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Kul, vilka turneringar?

Trap By Mishap är ett riktigt bra scenario (spelat det 2 ggr).

Ten Ton Tank rekommenderar jag ryssen att anfalla på sin vänstra flank, oavsett set-up försvar (schwerpunkt style) :)

ASL at Winter War Scenario List

This list will also be posted at the ASL at Winter War website at:

http://mysite.verizon.net/hotstovega...lww/index.html

Please note that Rounds 2 and 3 have definite time limits, and that the rounds officially end after 4-1/2 hours of play. Players are hereby advised to consult Rule 3 and Rule 10 at the website. In short ... I'm the adjudicator (right, wrong, or otherwise), and I am not an expert at ASL.

If you don't want someone who has no investment in your game, who hasn't watched you play for the past 4.5 hours, and who has to try and grok 4.5 hours of play in five minutes, decide your hard work ... then play within the 4-1/2 hour time limit.

Round 1 (FRI 1800 - close)

AP42 Frontiers and Pioneers

DB076 Out of the Shadows (1)

FrF40 Spork's Eleven

SP178 Chiang's Finest (2)

ESG45 Below the Belt

Round 2 (SAT 0800 - 1230)

FrF27 Cocktails for Molotov

SP173 Der Letze Geburstag

DB055 Sturmgeschutz Forward!

FrF43 Forest Devil

J12 Jungle Fighters

Round 3 (SAT 1300 - 1730)

SP176 Smiling Albert

J43 3rd RTR in the Rain

AP41 The MeatGrinder

DB074 Sole Success

BFP 22 Speed over Caution

Round 4 (SAT 1800 - close)

PB19 House of Pain

FrF44 Anhalt Pandemonium

SP103 For Whom the Bells Toll

FrF37 Crossing Swords at Kyaukse

CH11 Rite of Passage (3)

SP18 An Arm and a Leg

Round 5 (SUN 0900 - 1400)

AP52 Into Vienna Woods

SP180 Encircle This

AP32 2nd Crack at Caumont (4)

SV12 Trap by Mishap

SP177 Tic Tac Toe

(1) US Reinforcements automatically enter on turn 4, not by die-roll as per SSR. The black bars become part of the building, not open ground.

(2) Vehicular crews are worth the usual 2VP, whether in an AFV, or on foot. i.e. only the AFV itself is worth 0VP.

(3) Use the original CH11 scenario card.

(4) The 88 cannot set up in a building (this has been the subject of debate) unless both players agree otherwise.

Noreaster Main Scenario list and two of three minis

Hello gents,

The Partisan list for the Friday mini is still under construction, however the main list is done as is the Mo-Fo (read that very large scenario mini tourny) and the Dispatches Saturday mini have their selections. Here they are:

Nor'easter XIV: Scenarios

Nor'easter 2010, Main Tournament Scenarios

Round #1: Friday 10:00am-4:00pm

FrF40 Sporck's Eleven

SP180 Encircle This!

AP42 Frontiers and Pioneers

ESG36 Havoc in Shanghai

DB073 Urban Nightmare

Round #2: Friday 5:00pm-Closing

VotG14 Pavlov's House

CH58 Death Ride

FrF42 Kiss of Fury

DB067 Let's Dance

BTB3 Kraut Corner

Round #3: Saturday 9:00am-4:00pm

AP48 Up Inferno Hill

ESG48 PaK Nest

RPT39 Czechs and Balances

BRV9 Jail House Rock

Buck10 Buckeye Blitzkrieg

Round #4: Saturday 5:00pm-Closing

AP40 The Head of the Mace

VotG16 Under Murderous Fire

ESG45 Below the Belt

FrF24 Forging Spetsnaz

ESG47 Shattered Bone & Burning Flesh

Round #5: Sunday 9:00am-Closing

VotG9 Eviction Notice

SP176 Smiling Albert

BTB6 Men Against Tanks

FrF30 Bidermann's Escape

SV1 Ten Ton Tank

• 3 weeks later...

Bob Holmstrom

Re: Winter War Tourney--2010

Round 5 "Trap by Mishap" vs. Jim Taylor

"Trap..." is a very interesting scenario with the Russians having to move two boards and exit 4 squads and a tank with functioning MA with faust and shrek toting Finns and Swedes in front of them and another group of angry Finns entering behind them. Well, the Finns and Swedes aren't too angry at this point of the war with an ELR of 2.

With 12 elite squads and 4 tanks, the russians have a powerful force. Jim detailed his tanks, 3 squads, his HMG and a 9-1 to act as a rearguard while the rest of his infantry went student body right(russian aspect). I had set up middle right so he was coming into the teeth of my defense which i reinforced with the platoon of Swedes. Jim's dice were horribly cold for the first half of the game and mine were good as i sent 2.5 squads of the Finns with the sole Finn leader down the left side eating 4+0, 6-1, and MA shots without batting an eye.

By midgame, Jim started making some headway against my woodline defenders despite me creating a Swedish hero--still couldn't find that Holmstrom hero counter. It all came down to the end game. Jim's ISU-152 was under low ammo but he had to take out a squad and a half+shrek and leader so he needed an 8 to hit and got a crit, ouch. He then broke a Finn half-squad with the AAMG. Double ouch. Another Finn squad was taken out by a KV and suddenly, what looked like a near impossible task for him looked like an easy win.

I did have a single Finn squad on his right that self-rallied though, and i double timed him to the left, then self-broke him to get to a woods hex that Jim needed to bypass to get one of his squads off. Still, he did have a squad in the same hex with his ISU, but would need to load up and ESB for 1 to exit. Jim first tried to kill my Finn squad with BFF from his other KV but with no luck.

That meant the game came down to that single ESB roll. If he rolled less than a "10" he would win. Before he rolled, we both agreed that it was a hard fought, well played game with no real loser.

So into the glass the dice went...and a "10." Wow, what a finnish--no pun intended. Jim played a superb game, soldiering on through bad dice rolls most of the game only to see victory snatched away by more bad luck.

Jim was gracious and a great sportsman. I can't help but feel a little guilty winning, but either way, it was a fantastic final scenario capping a great weekend of ASL. I'll have to keep my work schedule clear for next year. Thanks to Brien for running a great tournament.

Gunner Scott

Trap by Mishap 3-2

Well, its Sunday morning and I am toasted, I get matched up with Matt Book and we decide to play This

crappy ass scenario. Ya its one of those with goofy SSR's that you need to read very closely, um like

setting up two squads HIP but missing the Equivlents are NA part. We bid for sides, both of us wanted

the Russians, so I bid R1 and Matt Bids R2, he gets the Russians and I get not only the Finns, but an

extra Squad and PSK. Well, we start the game and Matt attacks on my left flank, and pretty much starts

wiping me out, I reveal a HS with a PSK and blow up one of his KV's, but then Matt tells me I could

only set-up two squads hip, bah, This scenario sucked anyway, so I just throw in the towel and I

appologize to Matt that I just dont feel like playing ASL at the moment. My set-up was flawed and I

misread the SSR's plus this one bored me to tears.

Gunner Scott

Trap by Mishap 3-2

Well, its Sunday morning and I am toasted, I get matched up with Matt Book and we decide to play This

crappy ass scenario. Ya its one of those with goofy SSR's that you need to read very closely, um like

setting up two squads HIP but missing the Equivlents are NA part. We bid for sides, both of us wanted

the Russians, so I bid R1 and Matt Bids R2, he gets the Russians and I get not only the Finns, but an

extra Squad and PSK. Well, we start the game and Matt attacks on my left flank, and pretty much starts

wiping me out, I reveal a HS with a PSK and blow up one of his KV's, but then Matt tells me I could

only set-up two squads hip, bah, This scenario sucked anyway, so I just throw in the towel and I

appologize to Matt that I just dont feel like playing ASL at the moment. My set-up was flawed and I

Ibland låter det så här när Scott Holst förlorar ett scenario.

Gunner Scott

Trap by Mishap 3-2

Synd att SSRen gjorde att han inte tyckte om scenariot.

Edited by Martin Svärd

SLänger på en till jag hittade:

Re: So what scenarios have you played Recently?

SV7 Probing Korsus

Very Good scenario from Swedish Volunteers Pack. Very subtle. No need to control the pilboxes in this scenario, the attacker only need to find a LOS to them. Everything relies on movement and bluff.

I really enjoyed it.

Our game was the first recorded on the ROAR. But there will probably be more games recorded after the Stockholm tournament in may.