Team play

Tysken

Hej,

last week Saturday (20121115) saw Mattias Bergwall, Robert Maglica & Klas Malmström visiting my house for a serious game of VotG #9 Evicition Notice. While HASL scenarios are special itself, this game truly was because we we gathering to play team vs team. Dice rolls decided that Robert & myself got the Germans and Mattias & Klas the Russians. Robert to command of 518. Inf Div, myself of the Sturmgruppe, Klas of 3rd Btn/42nd Gds Reg and Mattias of 23rd Tank Corps. We decided that tactical discussions were limited to a short break inbetween each player turn, i.e. after each 1/2 turn of a game turn.

Setup see picture 1

Turn 1

The Russian comes on - the 238 of the German Sturmgruppe gets too excited and throws the DC at a T60 - to no avail - instead the Russian sniper is activated and whacks the German 7-0 in W23. The Russian closes in carefully, because the German Sturmgruppe possess excellent leadership & good fire power. The Germans are falling back in their part of the turn, utilizing the difficult terrain that limits the Russian as well as enabling supporting fire from the 518th. See picture 2.

Turn 2

The Russian advances further, see picture 3. They come under german fire and break. Nothing really happens.

Turn 3

The Russian comes again and goes into Close Combat in T21. The German AT gun fires and a T60 (T19) burns. Also, the death star in V20 fires spraying fire and breaks the Russian Infrantry in V19/W19. The Russian flank collapses, see Picture 4 - the German Infrantry CX in W18 - cutting rout paths. It looks dark for the Russians - at that point of time Klas & Mattias had a large PMC to pass. See Picture 5.

Turn 4

Out of the smoke from the burning T60 Infantry appears and places a DC in T20 - the charge is well placed and the building is rubbled eliminating all German Infantry (9-1, 548/548) in the hex. The Russian has advanced and is now contentrating to mop up the V20 and V16 buildings - violent close combat is the parole of the hour. See picture 6. The German withdraws from the CC in V20 and is partly shot into pieces.

Turn 5

The Russian has moved further troopers to support the melee in V16 and decides it into his favour. The remaining Germans in the V20 building are mopped up in close combat. Thus the scenario ends with a Russian win.

The scenario in itself was very nice, but the concept of teamplay is definetly adding a new dimension to the game especially since you do not always cover all arising situations in your tactical discussion inbetween the player turns - thus you are sometimes up in the blue. Another way of approach we discussed was that maybe next time each player in a team gets an area to command rather than a specific unit.... - a lot to elaborate.

Picture 1 & 2 have changed order. Also, thanks to Robert for the pictures!

post-55-285398_thumb.jpg

post-55-7899_thumb.jpg

post-55-80284_thumb.jpg

post-55-68904_thumb.jpg

post-55-401267_thumb.jpg

post-55-224384_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tysken

Kul läsning och extra härligt med bilder! :)

You gotta love the DC's... :D

Vi kör nästan alltid med lagspel när vi kör kampanj, men vi har ganska dålig disciplin på kommandoplanet. Men det finns flera anledningar till det och en uppenbar är att en spelare ska kunna ta över alla trupper om den andra spelaren inte kan vara med (jobb, familj, sjukdom etc etc).

Drömmen vore ju att spela en Blind med flera olika befälhavare på respektive sida...

Alltid intressant och kul med en illustrerad AAR. Dock undrar jag vad VC var. Tyskens sista linje ser ju rätt intakt ut. Gillar MTR på taklös level 2.

Smart att tejpa in aktuell spelyta.

Alltid intressant och kul med en illustrerad AAR. Dock undrar jag vad VC var. Tyskens sista linje ser ju rätt intakt ut. Gillar MTR på taklös level 2.

Smart att tejpa in aktuell spelyta.

Hej,

from the VC: "The Russian win at game end by a) Controlling all building and rubble hexes that are north of the German setup perimeter or B) by Controlling >= 1 building/rubble hex on/south-of the German perimeter if there are <= 2 unbroken German MMC on/south-of the German perimeter.

Obs! - hex control and X20 is part of the German perimeter. The Sturmgruppe needed to hold on to one hex north of the German perimeter that was defended by elements of the 518 Inf Reg, 295th Inf Div.

//Andreas

Vi kör nästan alltid med lagspel när vi kör kampanj, men vi har ganska dålig disciplin på kommandoplanet. Men det finns flera anledningar till det och en uppenbar är att en spelare ska kunna ta över alla trupper om den andra spelaren inte kan vara med (jobb, familj, sjukdom etc etc).

Drömmen vore ju att spela en Blind med flera olika befälhavare på respektive sida...

Thanks for your kind words - agreed! double blind would be a dream - unfortunately I have not any longer the rules that we used when playing tank team rumbles or the combined arms effort - maybe a question worth posting on the ASL GameSquad Forum.

//Andreas

Ja söte tid vad det vore kul, att vara så många....

vi här i Blekinge kör också alltid med minst 4 man när vi kör RB.

Hade en gång i tiden då vi var ännu fler , en dröm ,att man dels för att få upp farten o dels för att få till ett riktigt stabsspelande,

kunde utse en på varje sida som ÖB o kanske inte alls deltagande i själva spelandet, o sen ha 2 man på en ort som körde en dag färdig , därefter skickar dom alla sina inköp med kartor o allt till nästa 2 man som kör en dag osv osv.

, o sen ha 2 man på en ort som körde en dag färdig , därefter skickar dom alla sina inköp med kartor o allt till nästa 2 man som kör en dag osv osv.

Försökte lobba för detta för ett tag sen.

http://forum.aslsweden.com//index.php?showtopic=2409

Tyvärr inget rungande gensvar. Men jag tycker fotfarande att det är en rolig idé som kunde fungera.

Pågående PB CGII http://forum.aslsweden.com//index.php?showtopic=2458 gick tyvärr i stå. Det är inte alltid lätt att ens köra ett CG-scenario p.g.a. den tid det tar.

Edited by Olsson